MVS Direct API CA-7 Support
This API was designed to provide today's PC application programmers an avenue to access MVS CA-7 Job Scheduling resources.
Whether interfacing with existing legacy systems or writing new client-server based applications, you will be impressed by
the capabilities that this API provides.
How It Works
The API uses the Computer Associates Common Communication Interface (CAICCI) to send batch commands to one (or more) CA-7
images running on MVS. It also receives back the output from those commands so that the caller can evaluate the success of
the command string, and extract information for future processing. The CA-7 CCI Program-to-Program Interface (CAL2X2WP) is
utilized to execute CA-7 commands.
- 99% of CA-7 3270 terminal interface commands supported.
- define and list scheduling information.
- define and post requirements.
- multi-database support from the same connection.
- multi-user support.
- interfaces seamlessly with CA-7 security features.
- Computer Associates MVS CA-7 product, version 3.3 (or later).
- Utilizes CA-7 CCI interface (does NOT require CA-7 Batch Terminal Interface).
- C-Cubed MVS Direct API product.
- Pricing is available upon request.
- This product is sold on a 'per developer' and 'per user' basis.
- The Software Developer Kit product should be purchased for users who develop software.
- The Run-Time System product should be purchased for consumers that use the developed software.