MVS Direct API CA-View Support
This API was designed to provide today's PC application programmers an avenue to access MVS CA-View resources.
Whether interfacing with existing legacy systems or writing new client-server based applications, you will be
impressed by the capabilities that this API provides.
How It Works
The API uses the Computer Associates SARSAM application programming interface to send commands to one (or more)
CA-View databases running on MVS. It also receives back the output from those commands so that the caller can
evaluate the success of the command string and extract information for future processing.
- retrieve index listings.
- retrieve entire SYSOUT's, or individual pages.
- restore from tape to disk / temp storage.
- multi-database support from the same connection.
- multi-user support.
- Computer Associates MVS CA-View product, version 2.0 (or higher).
- C-Cubed MVS Direct API product.
- Pricing is available upon request.
- This product is sold on a 'per developer' and 'per user' basis.
- The Software Developer Kit product should be purchased for users who develop software.
- The Run-Time System product should be purchased for consumers that use the developed software.